Friday, January 30, 2015

South Beath Miami Culinary Food Tours

One of my favorite things my family did while in Florida was the South Beach Miami Culinary Food Tours. I didn't know what to expect when my mom told me she signed us up. 

Surprisingly, it was so much fun!  The tour lasted 2.5 hours and took us to 6 different restaurants.  I didn't know how much food we would be getting, there were 3 full sized meals, 1 flat bread sandwich, and 2 desserts!  If you don't leave full, then you didn't eat enough of what was in front of you!

We walked a little over a mile over the 2.5 hour course.  There was great commentary along the way, both historical, cultural and just interesting comments! 

Here are the 6 restaurants we went to:


A Colombian restaurant that served Ceviche (a seafood dish typically made from fresh raw fish marinated in citrus juices) and empanadas.  Honestly, the raw fish wasn't my favorite, but I think that was more of a texture thing.  The atmosphere was great and truly felt like a South American restaurant.


Manolo

If you haven't tried a churro yet, you are missing out! A churro is crispy on the outside with a sweet and salty coating with a dulce de leche filling.  It was delicious and one of my favorite things I ate on the tour!



Larios is run by the Estefan family and served my favorite main dish of the night.  With the atmosphere of old Havana, they served a Cuban classic of beef ropa vieja and sweet plantains mariquitas.  Basically, pulled pork in a barbecue-ish sauce.  Not barbecue, but similar.  That was served with plantain "chips" which were also very good.  




I was starting to hit a food coma here.  Everything was prepared very well, but there was a lot of food! I don't remember what I ate, but it was some sort of chicken dish.  The chocolate truffles were excellent though!




This restaurant is all-organic!  Here we had the Sun Dried Hippie Pocket, which had sun dried tomatoes, feta, baby spinach, basil pesto, and olives.  




Delicious gelato! Traditional Italian style gelato with many flavors to choose from.  Definitely check it out.  



Has anyone else done a food tour?  I know I will be doing another one in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...